ATMOS OPT is designed to minimize the cost of running a pipeline given a delivery schedule. This is achieved by minimizing energy consumption while meeting the requirements of multiple customers. If DRA (Drag Reducing Agent) is used, the cost of DRA is included in the optimization calculations.
Fuel optimisation determines the optimum pump line-up and pressure set points at each station. ATMOS OPT has the following key features:
- Minimization of pipeline running cost
- Provision of pump line up and station pressure
- Calculation of pump fuel or power consumption
- Inclusion of pump maintenance schedule
- Availability of pump operating curves
- Feasibility check of scheduled operations
- Interface with on-line systems e.g. Batch Tracking System
- Planning of cost efficient operations.