ATMOS SIM models the hydraulic behaviour of both gas and liquid pipelines accurately. SIM Offline supports the planning and design analysis of pipeline networks, SIM Online gives the pipeline operators a view into the un-instrumented areas of the pipeline to assist them in running their pipelines. The same configuration applies to ATMOS SIM Offline and Online. Online saved states can be imported to SIM offline for realistic scenario analysis and emergency studies.
ATMOS SIM on-line uses a unique state estimator to provide the most robust and accurate on-line simulation results in the market. It minimizes the effect of measurement errors by the use of confidence levels in individual meters. This is especially useful for large pipeline networks.
ATMOS SIM is a powerful and user-friendly tool for the following applications on any gas pipelines:
- Design and sizing of new pipelines and associated equipment such as compressor, heater and cooler
- Operational scenario analysis for planning, emergency or upset analysis
- Calculation of flow, pressure, temperature, gas properties along a pipeline
- Look-ahead modelling
- Line pack (inventory) calculation and survival time analysis
- Composition tracking
- Pig tracking
- Leak simulation
- Simulation of natural gas, low pressure ethylene and chemical pipelines
- Model-based leak detection.
ATMOS SIM is based on a fully implicit finite difference algorithm with an automatically adaptive spatial and temporal mesh. This means that SIM users don't need to worry about “time step” or "knot spacing" or other numerical parameters of the model, instead they just specify a desired accuracy. This feature enables the average user to achieve consistently an expert user level of results.
ATMOS SIM is Compatible with Windows® 7.
(Windows and the Windows logo are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.)