Today’s pipeline operators are challenged to make comprehensive, compliant choices when implementing their pipeline control and safety plans. To adequately train pipeline controllers to effectively manage adverse and emergency operating conditions, a new approach to training is required. ATMOS International, a world leader in pipeline hydraulic modeling and leak detection and EnerSys Corporation, a leading provider of SCADA/control room solutions have created the Advanced control Room Trainer (ACRT).
Real World Pipeline Control Station
- A high-fidelity, generic pipeline system with compression, receipts, deliveries, and nominations that allows the controller to learn fundamentals in an authentic control room environment.
- Real world scenarios for normal, abnormal and emergency operations, hands on experience with scenarios you never want to experience in the real world.
- Complete controller station, including SCADA , logbook, and all the same tools needed in the successful control room.
Real World Scenarios
- Changing nominations
- Under / over pressure
- Loss of supply
- Pipeline rupture
- Many others
EnerSys Intelligent Operator Enterprise
Intelligent Operator EnterpriseTM is a complete automation toolkit integrating compliant control room management solutions that are easily managed by pipeline controllers. Intelligent Operator Enterprise integrates best of breed software components designed to improve a controller’s situational awareness and reduce the frequency and severity of abnormal situations. These components include:
Integrated Operator ConsoleTM
- Our Human Machine Interface (HMI) solution empowers controllers to set the conditions needed to run pipelines efficiently – ensuring transfers take place on schedule and accurately addressing any alarms that may threaten pipeline safety.
- The Integrated Operator Console distributes real-time system and safety data directly to control room monitors so controllers always have the data required to efficiently respond to system status changes and quickly resolve alarm conditions.
Control Room ManagerTM
- Control Room Manager provides an environment that offers operators the information required to log activities and manage alarms and incidents effectively while safeguarding operational stability.
- With Control Room Manager, pipeline operators strictly comply with the Pipeline Hazardous Materials Safety Administration’s (PHMSA) Control Room Management (CRM) rule with a robust set of best-practice tools and procedures.
- Automatically verifying shift hand-off information and integrating a comprehensive alarm response database, Control Room Manager equips controllers to track and evaluate system condition and operator activity, ensuring accurate and timely responses.
ATMOS SIM Pipeline Simulator
ATMOS SIM provides the most accurate hydraulic behavior of both gas and liquid pipelines. It has the following key features:
- Modern Windows drag and drop interface
- Steady state and transient runs in one tool
- Accurate and realistic pipeline modeling
- Multiple equations of state, viscosity and flow
- Full thermal model
- Comprehensive tool libraries for both gas and liquid pipeline modeling
- Pumps/compressors in series and paralle
- Realistic representation of operational scenarios:
- Startups/shutdowns, calamities
- Quick to tune, fast controller training tool
For more information on operator training please see “Operator Training”.